Sarah M. Speck, MD, FACC
Cardiologist & Internist located in Ballard, Seattle, WA
Dr. Speck offers Supervised Health & Personalized Exercise (SHAPE) Assessments to patients from throughout Seattle looking to optimize their health and physical fitness. Sessions are available at the Speck Health practice in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA for full health assessments.
Personalized Health Assessment Q & A
What is a Supervised Health & Personalized Exercise Assessment?
The SHAPE Assessment comprises two appointments where a patient’s physical fitness and well being will be assessed and recommendations made and then a follow up appointment to review any additional testing results and set up a program to combine exercise, nutritional guidance and metabolic prescriptions to start a journey towards better health and fitness while reducing risk for injury. The first appointment lasts for approximately two hours and involves a consultative discussion with a physiologist about current exercise and health habits as well as the patient’s goals for improving fitness. There will also be an assessment which may include:
- Body composition
- Body metrics
- Cellular health
- ECG monitored cardiopulmonary exercise test
- Resting metabolic rate
- Spirometry (lung function)
- Strength and flexibility testing
What happens after all of the testing and consultation on health and fitness goals?
The physiologist will create an exercise prescription for you. The primary goal of Dr. Speck and her team is to help their patients find an enjoyable way to improve their overall health and fitness. At the follow up appointment the exercise physiologist will review all of the test results and provide advice on the best kinds of exercise and nutritional guidance to meet the patient’s goals.
Is additional support available?
Dr. Speck and her team offer a variety of supplementary services, including:
- Personal Training conducted by a certified professional who will develop an individualized training program to increase physical fitness and atheletic performance. The trainer will supervise the workouts to ensure correct movement techniques, appropriate intensity, and progression and improvement over time. The sessions will be scheduled with appropriate frequency to maintain the patient’s momentum towards his or her goals.
- Lifestyle coach is also available for patients who would like further support and guideance on achieving goals, changing behavior and developing new skills. Many patients find this service helpful when managing chronic illness, personal stress or when trying to implement new habits like regular exercise or becoming a non-smoker.
- Weight loss programs are available where a naturopathic physician will develop a safe diet low calorie diet with whole foods and a focus on glycemic index to stimulate metabolic burn and improve fat loss over a five-week period.
Please click below to find out more about our Supervised Health & Personalized Exercise Assessment Program.
Membership Internal Medicinemore info
Cardiovascular Healthmore info
Stroke and Heart Attack Preventionmore info
Personalized Health Assessmentmore info
Executive Healthmore info
Sports Cardiovascular Risk Screeningmore info
Exponential Healthmore info
Firefighter Assessmentmore info
Heart Disease in Womenmore info
Family History of Heart Issuesmore info