Welcome to the Patient Portal!
The patient portal is an easy way for patients enrolled in Dr. Speck’s new membership practice to look at their medical records and communicate with Dr. Speck and staff.
What is the patient portal and how do I use it?
Powered by Athenahealth, our medical database, the patient portal gives you access to your recent test results, list of medications, care summaries, medical history, as well as allows you to request appointment times, address medical billing (please note: you’re medical billing statement does not include your monthly membership fees), and communicate with our staff.
How do I make an account?
To make an account, please follow these steps:
- At the bottom of this page, there is a green link labeled: “Click Here to Access the Patient Portal.” By clicking this link, you will be redirected to the patient portal welcome page for Speck Health, P.S.
- Please click the link that says “create account” in the bottom left corner of the white box.
- Please enter your first name, last name, e-mail address, phone number, gender, and birth date. Please also type the verification codes you see in the two images, separated by a space, and click “Continue.”
- You will then be asked to verify your personal information before continuing. Please review the information you entered, if it is all correct, click “Continue.” If any of the information is incorrect, click “Back” and revise.
- The patient portal will now ask you to verify your identity. This is simply a security measure, but it is necessary to set up your account. You may choose to verify by phone or by e-mail. Depending on how you choose to verify, you will receive a temporary access code by phone or e-mail.
- After you click “Continue,” you will receive an e-mail or phone call from Athenahealth with a confirmation code. As soon as you receive this code, please enter it and click “Continue.”
- A pop-up will appear asking you if you wish to receive paperless statements. If you do notwant to receive paperless statements, please un-check the box that says “I want paperless statements.” If you do wish to receive paperless statements, please leave the box checked and click “Continue to Portal.” Please note: the statements will only be for payments related to insurance; enrollment fees will not show up on these statements.
- You will then be directed to your Athena profile. You have successfully created your account!
If you have any trouble making an account or have questions about the patient portal, please do not hesitate to call us at 206.466.5936.